7.16.2006

I shall dub thee J. Cash and thee...no idea

Okay, so spur of the moment-ish decision. I went on-line looking for a ukulele and I ended up coming across a deal for an acoustic guitar and a mandolin, were I paid ninety-nine dollars for both. I also got two harmonicas, one in C and one in G. It was somewhat a spur of the moment decision, but I spent long enough locating the ones I liked and the money I was willing to spend. So for what I was willing to spend, those two came up. I received the instruments one and a half days later. The guitar is black and the mandolin is a sunburst lacquer. Who is ready to rock out? Right, anyway I am thinking it will be a fun hobby to learn, and if anything I’ll have some nice instruments to decorate with if nothing else. Maybe I’ll give names to them. Perhaps the guitar can be Cash and the Mandolin can be…no idea; bad idea.

Well I actually got some rest last night. I went home and started to practice the guitar when I fell asleep. I awoke two or so hours later and crawled into bed, as soon as I could stand due to parts of my body falling asleep. Yeah, that sounded stupid, standing up so I could crawl into bed. Well I actually fell asleep in a reasonable amount of time, and I awoke at two in the morning in time for work, thanks to my alarms. I wonder how long I would have slept if I hadn’t set them. I didn’t read my bible last night, so I’m a bit bummed on that for my religious reasons.

I realized this isn’t a funny rant. I got sleep, I have no complaints, the creative juices are not flowing. Ew, get a mop.

Back to the instrument topic, I hope that learning how to play will open new doors for me. I doubt they will be social doors, where I get invited to cool parties or jam sessions. In my dreams right; am I right or am I right? I think that my appreciation for the music I listen to will go up and maybe having this hobby will allow for me to have a broader knowledge base to have more meaningful conversations with people. Also, it’s a guitar and they rock, so yeah.

I have been so happy as of late, and I can not place why. I’m just content. I was ecstatic when I woke up and I was happy to get to work. I just feel really good. Rock on, I know. This also had nothing to do with me having fun with my harmonicas on the way to work.

It was nice not having to really pay attention to the radio. There was noise and I wasn’t sick of it. Not that I do not have a lack of differing music to listen to in the DFW metroplex, but it is sometimes nice not to have to listen to music. Yes, here I was mentioning I was going to appreciate music more, but I listen to music almost all day so I need a break from certain songs popping up and I’m not looking to listen to really obscure music right now. If that makes much sense, tell me, and please explain to me how my weak argument won you over.

The last few days have been going by pretty quickly too. The fact that I slept a lot makes the days just speed by, and I forget how long I’ve been awake for without any decent amount of sleep. I check my mail and I’m surprised I’ve got 9 messages already, or what feels like an already. Usually I’m sitting at my computer watching outlook download any message I may get. Okay, just got a bit tired, maybe a nap wouldn’t kill me after work. Perhaps I can do that before I eat lunch with Mel. I hope she is awake at ten so I confirm we are eating, otherwise I’m going to go off and do something else.

No comments: